Monday, April 21, 2008

Weaned?

Well, this is the fifth day that Scout has been off prednisone! She seems to be doing pretty well, no real symptoms of relapse rearing their ugly heads. I watch her like a hawk, of course, determined not to let that terrible disease take hold of her again. I can truly say that Scout's illness was one of the more stressful events of the past decade . . .

I have a feeling that she'll always be a bit on the fragile side. She's done with vaccinations and we'll try to keep her stressors to a minimum. To me, Scout seems a lot older than her actual 2 1/2 years.

I'm a little stressed about what to do with her when we go to AK for two weeks this summer. We'll be gone over the 4th of July, which is really a bad day for Scout. We live in a neighborhood that shoots off loud and illegal fireworks for weeks before and after the holiday, terrorizing my poor dog. I'm trying to decide if I should kennel her while we are gone or get someone to housesit and stay close to her during the 4th festivities.

Any suggestions?

No comments: