Monday, March 10, 2008

New friends
























Scout has new friends--both at home and work!
When my daughter, Lindsay, moved back in with us last week, she brought her cat, Penelope with her. Pen is the coolest cat ever (she didn't make a peep on the long drive up from LA), but she's never seen a dog before. She and Scout are slowly getting acquainted (although in the picture, it looks like she's shooting death-rays from her yellow eyes!)
Penelope was actually sitting outside our bedroom door when I got up this morning, acting like she was waiting for Scout to come out and play. Of course, she bolted as soon as Scout came trotting up.

Scout also has a new pal at the office--Greg's new office at Cornerstone Church, that is. Pastor Barry brings Tosty, his Cairn Terrier, with him to work everyday, so we took Scout last week so they could have a play date. Scout and Tosty sized each other up and did OK until I gave them each a dog treat. Tosty wolfed hers down and stole Scout's treat before my slow-moving pup had even taken her first bite. When Scout protested, Tosty turned wolverine and I had to pull her 5 pounds of canine fury off my dog. I'll give them treats in separate rooms next time.

I just switched Scout's prednisone dosage to 5 mg. every other day. She seems to be doing OK. She's not eating or drinking as much as before, which is good, because Scout has gained quite a bit of weight on the prednisone. In fact, Candyce--our youngest daughter who is admittedly a bit jealous of Scout--recently described her as a small yak. She's quite solid around the mid-section!

I'm hoping to be able to bring Scout to the Powell Butte hike next weekend. Pray that the weaning process continues to go smoothly . . .

No comments: